Family squabbles are bound to happen from time to time, but if you're experiencing far too much familial tension, you may want to consider therapy. Serenity Mental Health Services offers structural family therapy to help families overcome obstacles and form stronger bonds.
During family therapy, we will assess the structure and hierarchies of your family by asking some of the following questions:
- Who makes the decisions?
- Who tends to take charge?
- Who handles the chores?
We'll work to determine what's not working and how you can improve your family dynamics.
Set up a structural family therapy appointment today at our Monticello or Hutchinson, MN location.
We focus on direct interactions between family members to create positive change. We can address problems between parents and children, siblings and even in-laws.
Our therapist can offer guidance for:
- Subsystems of the family (such as parents and siblings)
- Power dynamics
- Disengagement, in which a family member isolates from the family
- Enmeshment, or becoming overly involved in your family's emotional lives
- Coalitions (such as a parent and child being against another parent)
- Alignment, which refers to how family members relate to each other
Contact us today to speak with a family therapist serving the Hutchinson and Monticello, MN area.